With the further lifting of restrictions the cap on outdoor group size has been dropped. Masks are only required outdoors if you can’t maintain distance from other people.
Two types of rides will be offered, the choice being up to the ride leader and will be clearly indicated in the Meetup description of the ride:
- riders of unknown vaccination status (vax status not required)
- riders fully vaccinated
When attending vaccination status unknown rides, be extra vigilant in maintaining social distancing measures as not all have had the opportunity to be fully vaccinated, for health reasons or otherwise, and may be at risk of complications from COVID-19.
At all times rider behaviour must be within the law and follow the Victorian COVID-19 guidelines.
- do not attend if you have the slightest cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms
- do not attend if you are or should be in quarantine due to covid-19 (including waiting for a test result)
- for fully vaccinated rides only
- rider must be fully vaccinated
- rider must carry proof of vaccination to be sighted by the ride leader before the ride
- masks are required in some indoor settings and, if you can’t maintain distance, when outdoors
- always be 1.5 m or more away from other people
- allow at least a 3-bike length distance behind other riders while riding
- no bunching up, even at stop points
- do not touch other riders’ bicycles or equipment
- recommended to have hand sanitizer that has at least 60% alcohol in your kit
It is highly recommended that you review the following web pages:
COVID-19 also has implications for the way we do first aid: